2014 has been an amazing year. We have seen young lives changed both spiritually and physically. We have felt the protection of the Lord from the threat of local violence. Dozens of volunteers have traveled to Haiti to install floors and ceilings, build furniture, paint, and just love our kids. And we have been continually encouraged by all of you who have partnered with the Ephraim Orphan Project through your donations and prayers.
Here are few highlights of 2014:
- The year started with violent riots a few miles away that lasted for two weeks in February. On the first day of the riots, a volunteer group unwittingly traveled to the epicenter of the riots – into a very scary environment. Thankfully, nobody was harmed. The orphanage was on high alert during the violence; however, the Lord protected us.
- We saw the completion of the Nehemiah Wall – a 10-ft-high cinder block and steel wall that now surrounds our orphanage to help protect us from threats like the February riots.
- We saw one of our children make an amazing recovery from a life-threatening illness and learn to walk – a miracle even in the eyes of local doctors.
- We have seen other malnourished and ill children recover and thrive in their new home at Ephraim.
- Our crop capacity has significantly increased through agricultural training and a drip-irrigation system provided by experts from the USA.
We look forward to all of the possibilities that 2015 holds. Thank you for joining our Father in rescuing the lives of these children.